Regulation 14 Consultation: Pre-Submission Westbury Neighbourhood Plan
The documents for the Regulation 14 Consultation have been assembled by the Westbury Neighbourhood Plan steering group. The consultation closing date for responses is 15th August 2023.
Please send your comments to email@example.com or by post to Parish Office, 10 Orchard Place, Westbury, Brackley, Northants, NN13 5JT.
The documents are:
The Pre-Submission Neighbourhood Plan 2020-40 which was approved by Westbury Parish Council at its meeting on 14th June 2023
- Policies map (inset)
- Key views map
- Westbury Green Infrastructure map (existing)
- Westbury Green Infrastructure map (national habitat network)
- Westbury Green Infrastructure map (natural flood management)
- Westbury Active Travel map
- Westbury policies map
Neighbourhood Plan Information
A Neighbourhood Plan is a way of helping local communities to positively influence the planning of the area in which they live and work. It means you can:
- have a say where new developments should be built and what they should look like;
- protect the local character and landscape, including important green spaces.
Once adopted, the Neighbourhood Plan will be a legal document, given weight in law and one which both developers and the local planning authority, Buckinghamshire Council, are obliged to take into account. The Neighbourhood Plan will give guidance to potential developers and to future generations.
Development of Westbury Neighbourhood Plan
Westbury Parish Council resolved at its meeting on 14th November 2018 to develop a neighbourhood plan for the parish of Westbury and a steering group was set up. In August 2019, AVDC confirmed the designation of the Neighbourhood Area as the entire parish of Westbury.
The Plan was put on hold in March 2020 due to Covid-19 and lack of support but restarted with a resident-led steering group in June 2022.
On 4th March 2023, the steering group presented and discussed information at a village breakfast. If you were unable to attend, you can download the information we have collected.
The Steering Group presented the final draft of the pre-submission neighbourhood plan to the Parish Council at their June meeting 2023, where it was approved to commence the Regulation 14 consultation.
- Jonathan Newman and members of Westbury NP Steering Group, who have given up many hours of their time to help protect our community.
- O’Neil Homer, neighbourhood planning consultants who have supported us throughout with our plan.
- AECOM, technical help supporting communities to develop neighbourhood plans and shape the development and growth of their local area.
- Rob Spicer, photographer who kindly allowed us to use his aerial photographs of Westbury https://www.robspicerphoto.com/
- Locality, the national membership network supporting local community organisations to be strong and successful.